GATE 2020: Dates (Released), Application Form, Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation
Much awaited notification of GATE 2020 has been released. This year the GATE 2020 exam will be conducted by IIT Delhi. It will be an online exam to be conducted in February 2020. Registration will begin on 3rd September 2019. Candidates will be allowed to submit the applications till September 24, 2019. Read the complete article to know about Eligibility, GATE 2020 exam dates, Exam pattern and all other details of GATE 2020.
About GATE exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the premier examinations for engineering candidates. It is jointly conducted by IISC Bangalore and all the IITs in India. GATE 2020 is an online test conducted for 25 subjects covered in over 4 days of exam. Qualifying the GATE exam opens the door for a) PSU jobs in India, which are considered the most promising in our country, b) Higher education for engineering candidates. Also, Note that GATE 2020 score will be valid for the next three years from the date of the announcement. Read the next part of the blog to check out the GATE 2020 official notification.
Eligibility for GATE 2020
The eligibility of any candidate applying for GATE 2020 will depend on Academic qualification, Age of the candidate and Nationality. Check out the details
|B.E/ B.Tech||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology).|
|B.Arch||Candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Architecture.|
|B.Sc (research)/ BS||Completion Bachelor of Science degree after diploma or 4 years after 10+2.|
|Pharm. D.||Candidate must have completed 6 years program having internship or training as a part of the 6th year.|
|M.Sc./MCA||Candidate should have a masters degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Application.|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc)||Candidate must have done Post-B. Sc integrated master’s degree in engineering/ technology.|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or dual degree||Candidate should have completed integrated Master’s Degree program or dual degree in Engineering and Technology.|
|Integrated M.Sc.||Interested Candidates must have completed integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated BS-MS program|
Candidates from any age group can apply for the test. There is no age limit for GATE 2020 exam.
- Candidates must be the citizens of India.
- Moreover, candidates from Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates can also apply for GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Registration Process
Registration link for GATE 2020 will be active from 3rd September 2019. The whole application process will be online. Following are the steps to apply for GATE 2020:
- Interested candidates need to apply through GOAPs (GATE Online Application Processing System). They are supposed to fill in their details like name, email id and mobile number to complete the first step for GATE 2020 registration.
- After registration, a completed application form will appear where candidates need to fill every bit of information including Personal, Academic and all other details that are asked in the GATE 2020 form.
- In the next step of GATE 2020 form, one must upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and category certificate as per the exam authority specification.
- After that candidate needs to make the online payment to complete the GATE 2020 form.
- In the end, form submission is done.
Note: Candidates are advised to keep a printed copy of their duly filled application form for later use.
Application Fee for GATE 2020
Application fee for Indian and International Candidates is as follows
|Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||USD $ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore||USD $ 100|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
Detailed exam pattern for GATE 2020 is provided below for the reference of students
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|No. of Questions||65|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marks for every correct answer||1 or 2marks for every correct answer|
1/3rd of marks will be deducted for one mark questions.
2/3rd of marks will be deducted for two mark questions.
|Time Allotted||180 minutes|
General Aptitude: 15% of total marks
Engineering Mathematics: 15% of the total subject marks
Discipline opted for by candidate: 70% of total marks.
|Opening Date of GATE 2020 registration||3rd September 2019|
|Last Date of GATE 2020 application||24th September 2019|
|Examination Dates||1st Feb, 2nd Feb, 8th Feb and 9th Feb 2020|
|Result Announcement||March 19, 2020|
GATE 2020 Exam Preparation
GATE being a benchmark for achieving big, almost every engineering candidate gives this exam. Every year nearly 10 Lakh students give the GATE exam. However, only a few of them are able to clear the cut off to become eligible for either the high paying jobs of premier institutes. To ensure you are counted in that list, you need to give a concrete base to your preparation. For that matter, keep the following points in mind for GATE 2020 exam preparation.
- Although it is not mandatory that only a coaching institute ensures selection. However, having a well-qualified mentor by your side is always is definitely a plus.
- You can opt for either Online or Offline coaching classes, depending on what suits you the best.
- Do thorough research and choose wisely curated study material which has good reviews and is known to have produced the best results in past years.
- Go through the entire syllabus and plan your approach for the entire preparation.
- Never forget to solve the previous test papers.
- Start a topic-wise mock test on a weekly basis. This helps you understand how well prepared you are or which areas need extra attention.
- Make revisions a regular part of your preparation. Topic-wise revisions save you from the last-minute mess.
The most important aspect is your self-confidence and motivation. Keep working in the right direction keeping your focus on your target. Stay glued to our blog section to know about Best GATE coaching institutes around you.
You May also Like